Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pump Therapy? I think YES!

Today's topic is probably one of my favorite in the whole world! Pump Therapy. While it can be a time of complete fear and joy, the journey to it is amazing. I honestly cannot remember much of life before a pump. And from what I do remember it sucks.  My journey to a pump was weird. It started at a Pump Weekend at Barton. But even before then I was ready. I knew I was soo done with shots. I hated having to stop everything to give a stupid shot. That's not even normal. The pump was the perfect solution for a On-The-Go-Girl.  After getting my pump it was proven correct. No more stupid shots, I could give insulin when I needed to. And it was always in my pocket! I thought I was the coolest.  Plus I was able to eat whatever I wanted. It was a life that was so different for me. Needless to say instead of having to stop my life I continued to go!
  Looking back on the almost 9 years of pump therapy I'm amazed. I now wear a Minimed Revel. I like to call it the rebel though. I use the Continuos glucose monitor too, sometimes. But I'll talk about that at another time. So Here's to pump therapy. Try it, you'll love it!
Here's To Year 15!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment