Thursday, January 24, 2013

5 Months 2 Days

OK So now I can talk about my favorite thing! BARTON DAY CAMP! Literally I am now counting down the days to my return. I'm sure you guys think I'm crazy with my diabetes stuff. I am, but I absolutely crazy about Diabetes camp. There are so many things that can happen there.
 For example when I was younger this place helped me embrace my diabetes. It helped me realize that it's not going away. To this day I still feel I need to pay it forward with camp. I have had a lot of staff members who truly changed my life at diabetes camp. They made me realize that I couldn't change who I was, but I could make myself stronger. I honestly don't know who I would be without camp. Plus I like to think of my campers too. I had one camper who came from Dubai last year and her parents told me how inspiring I had been to her. To hear that means the world to me. Knowing I touched someone that much. Sometimes I don't realize the power of my words.
To end I would like to say...
A Year without Barton Is Like A Year Without Rain.
Here's to year 15!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment