Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Diabetes and Boyfriends

Okay so not everyone is willing to support my diabetes as my mom is (Thanks Mom :)).  But the hardest part of being a teenager trying to find love? The 'Betes. Unless you have a significant other who truly wants to support you, you're screwed. I stick to my morals when I say that a guy wanting to date me needs to help with my diabetes. Most of the guys I dated could have cared less. Literally. Now just breaking up a "Boyfriend" because of that, I'm glad I feel this way. He's flipping out as I write this blog. I'm laughing. I think I've come up with a new phrase... 'Betes before Bros. It makes sense. My diabetes is a part of me and any guy is going to have to help with it (maybe).
    Ladies with Diabetes. Listen up. Your other has got to be able to be mature and help you if it's needed. You are gonna need someone who is willing to help with those low blood sugars and will deal with the moodiness of being high. Needless to say, don't date the person if they're not gonna help.
Here's to year 15!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment