Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Continuous Glucose Monitoring! I'm Back!

Hey EveryOne!
 I thought I would share my CGM  now that I wear one. So as of Saturday I am wearing a CGM again. While the last time I wore on it didn't end so well, I think this time around is going really well! It seems to be more of a help than a hinder. As long as I don't calibrate when I am too high or low it works amazing! It does take a little while to get it almost perfect, but don't get discouraged. There is always a 20-30% point of difference. Even then it's great. It can catch your highs or lows at least 15 minutes before they happen! I love it. It's so easy to sneak a quick look at it and know an estimate of where you are at that moment.
   I have found a few quick tips for you guys!
       -Never Calibrate when you're high or low- The sensor will pick up on that and it will go off constantly. It's not fun.
       - Don't treat or correct based on the CGM- It's not a good idea. Where there is a bit of a difference it usually isn't a good idea.

That's all I know for now!
Here's To Year 15!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment