Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Frustration...

Hey Everyone!
 Today's blog is about mistakes that can be made constantly. All those things any one can say and sometimes they just push you over the edge. I get it. But remember no one is perfect It might get wordy and I'm sorry.
     1). Test Your Blood Sugar!- Hold up! Do I need to pass a blood sugar the same way I pass an english test? Uh I don't think so. In fact there really isn't a way to pass a blood sugar, or even fail it  for that matter. I have seen kids at camp who freak out about that. I mean the only blood sugar you can pass or fail is your A1C.
    2). Why Is You're Blood High/Low?- Sometimes you just can't answer this. All though most of the time a high blood sugar is caused by too little insulin or even forgetting insulin. It could be ketones as well. Chances are If you don't forget a bolus you have ketones. Low blood sugars can be hard to figure out too. I mean you could just be low because you're body is reacting to insulin too fast. Or maybe it's the lag effect. Either way it doesn't matter too too much unless you treat. And you don't go into DKA or Diabetic shock, cause that would be bad.... Really bad.
   3). Did You Test?- Chances are that if you don't have a blood sugar I haven't tested. If I have and haven't told you, give me a moment. Sometimes giving insulin is a bit more important than giving you a blood sugar. Sorry it's the truth. Wait until you see the pump put away. Or even when I might look as though I'm done.
    4). What's Your Blood Sugar? This one stems off of number 3. Sometimes you just get caught up in the moment. I can guarantee that you will know it soon enough. It just takes time for me to process everything.
  5). Did You Bolus?- There is a good chance I could miss a bolus. I don't mind being reminded, but there is something about it that ticks me to no end. I don't need you in my face about it.

Thats it for now!
Here's To Year 15!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment