Tuesday, October 1, 2013

GCMing Week Two The Up's And Down's

Hey everyone!
  So now that I have been using a CGM for two weeks, I have more to report! I'll call this my pep talk blog for those of you who might be stressing over CGMing.
   1. Remember It's Technology- I know I am the biggest offender when it comes to this. I forget that it might not always be absolutely perfect. And that's ok. It's not human, it's the best technology we've got though.
    2. Don't Give up- I find that when my pump doesn't read my sensor I get so frustrated. Why isn't it working? I HAVE A HUGE NEEDLE IN MY BUTT!! IT BETTER WORK!! Don't let that get the best of you. It does take time to connect. And a weak signal here or there is just letting you know that where you have the pump from the sensor isn't close enough. It's no big deal.
   3.  Don't Get Mad-  I am the first person to say that I get super angry when it wakes me up at night or when it's not correct. Don't worry. It's just information! The CGM is trying to help you stay in tighter control. Don't get mad, take it for what it is :).
    4.Check More Often Than Not- I find that checking when it says I am high or low makes a huge difference. It actually helps me with tighter control. Depending on what your highs and lows you can catch them both far before they happen!

Here's to Year 15 (And CGMING)!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment