Monday, November 4, 2013

Taking A Risk For Diabetes Awareness Month

Hey Everyone!
So it's November! You all must know what that means!! It's Diabetes Awareness Month! This year I decided I wanted to do something different. I wanted to take a diabetes risk that would result in better care. And that's when I decided I wanted to put both my site and CGM in my stomach. It was a lot of me talking the idea up. Then I realized that if I didn't do it now, it would never happen. I watched my hand push down on the trigger and heard the needle fly into my stomach. I'm not sure if I felt anything. Then I had no clue how to get the sensor off the inserter. So I ran upstairs to mom. She removed the insertion device and the needle. I then attached the transmitter and waited for the green light. While staring at my stomach I realized I needed medical tape. Why it took me so long to realize? I don't know. Then as I frantically scurry around getting medical tape; I have a revelation. I need to change my site. I stop and think
    "Eh lets make it a double whammy"
After getting my CGM secured I grabbed a pump site and just inserted it. Easy as 1,2,3. I couldn't believe it.
Here's To Year 15!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment