Thursday, November 7, 2013

When You Don't Succeed...

Hey Everyone!
I wanted to talk about when you don't always succeed at something. Perseverance is key. Sometimes you can't always complete your goal right away, and that's ok. I fail at my goals too sometimes. It's all ok. There are a few things I usually try when I can't do something. It's usually when I can't put a site in.
   1.Don't Over Think It- I over think putting a site or cgm in the wrong place all the time. Will it be hard to sleep with? Will it hurt if I get bumped in school or at powderpuff practice? Is it going to fall out randomly? I ask all these questions and usually think of an answer that will prove I should avoid putting the site in. But why? My blood sugars are better when I wear a stomach site. It's comfortable, why do I avoid it?
    2. Just try it- So maybe you don't like having your site in your arm. At least you tried. No one is going to be mad if you don't keep it in. Do what feels good to you. Trying something is better than not doing it at all.
    3. Never give up- So that site doesn't work now, but it could later in life. If you keep trying something you are sure to either fall in love or hate it. Don't push yourself too much, but try that site maybe once every 3 months.
Thats all I've got for now. Stay strong and Never EVER give up. You'd be amazed what you can do when you set your mind to it :)

Here's To Year 15!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment