Friday, November 15, 2013

11 Years Ago...

Hey Everyone!
As I am getting ready to go to camp this weekend I started thinking. It was 11 years ago I started my camp journey. Along the way there have been many speed bumps. But camp reminds me that diabetes is a part of everyday life. There have been many hero's along the way too. Today I wanted to honor one hero who truly changed my life. Her name? Caitlyn. She had been at camp my first weekend. Over the years we became closer and closer. My first pump weekend she helped me get on a minimed pump. When a silhouette fell out she put  me on a quick set. She encouraged me to do things I never thought I could do. Almost 9 years later I did put that silhouette in with Caitlyn. She taught me how to take diabetes and make it a part of me, not all of me. Without her I'm not sure who I would be.
Here's to year 15!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment