Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Please Don't....

So when it comes to the 'betes you guys know I have this long list of pet peeves. Well here goes every pet peeve I can think of. I apologize in advance.
   It's Diabetes. NOT Diabeetus (Sorry Wilford)
   It's a meter. NOT a cellphone. So PLEASE Stop taking it away!
    It's and Insulin Pump, It's my mechanical pancreas.
    ONLY 1% Of My pancreas doesn't work. STOP Telling me I have a dead Pancreas! IT IS NOT DEAD!
It's An Insulin Pump. NOT and ipod or anything else you can think of.
I can eat SUGAR!! Oh my gosh, it's shocking I know, I just need insulin. SO PLEASE Stop telling me to not eat that cookie.
I am NOT a Diabetic. I AM a person living with diabetes. Don't drop the D word.
And the last one is pretty big. Please don't tell me I look sick. I know I don't. Just because I have diabetes doesn't mean I am sick. It is a chronic disease and it does not control me, I control it. So don't tell me I look too healthy. Please don't. You don't have to be sick to have diabetes. Please Stop.
Hope these were kinda funny!
Here's to year 15!
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment