Monday, April 22, 2013

Caregivers Weekend

 So this weekend I spent at Barton. It was caregivers weekend. It's probably my favorite weekend. Caregivers come to camp to learn about diabetes. For me this weekend truly moves me. The amount of love and passion from some of these caregivers is amazing. They just want to be able to help these kids.
      I had one caregiver this weekend ask if they could put in my pump site. Of course I let them. She seemed so nervous. I felt awful as I am trying to help her and she was having a nervous breakdown. Maybe it's because I do it everyday so it's different.  When she finally put it in, she was still nervous. She feared she was hurting me. Of course she  wasn't and I reassured her of this. After a while she felt better. And she should! She successfully put in a pump site on her first try. It was pretty good. I was so happy.
  The rest of the weekend was fine and I was very amazed with all the caregivers.
Here's to year 15!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment