Monday, December 17, 2012

Understanding- Do You Really?

I wish that people could truly understand what I go through. I wish that people would back off when I say it's hard. I wish they wouldn't tell me that it's not that hard to maintain.  If I need to do over 6 blood sugars a day, then I will try, but it's so very hard. I can't just drop everything at school and work to test. It's not that simple. If I'm in the middle of note taking or helping a child, I can't just drop everything and check. If it was that easy, well let's just say it's not always easy.
   I also hate when people say they understand what it's like to wear a pump and have ketones and have high or low bloodsugars. I am willing to bet that unless you have diabetes you don't understand. Maybe you can try to. Kudos to you! But I can guarantee you won't fully(I speak from experience).  Great your trying to understand, but my thoughts are quite clear on this.
    You will never FULLY understand Unless...
        - You try checking your Blood 6+ times a day
        - You treat a high or low Blood sugar
         - You attempt Pump/ Shot therapy
 Think my demands are a little lengthy? They probably are, but I feel you can't understand something unless you truly live it.
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment