Wednesday, December 12, 2012

15 Years In The Bussines

I've had diabetes for almost 15 years next month. Through the tough times and dramatic ruins, I've survived.  Don't get me wrong it can be annoying, but there are times where it's great. I mean for every high bloodsugar I have to think about all the good things diabetes has done for me. I know it sounds crazy, but diabetes has done a lot of good things. It's  given my mom and I a pretty unbreakable bond. I know that no matter what she's always there for me. I have also spent a number of years at diabetes camp. It's the one place I feel normal, and I love it. At diabetes camp I'm not Rachel, a kid with diabetes. I'm simply Rachel and it feels wonderful.
   Obviously being diagnosed at 21 months means I needed some kind of support system. I'm going to give thanks where it's due. I don't know how my mom did it for so long. I can honestly say she knows way more than she needs to. Of course that's not a bad thing. Of course when I was younger she was the main parent who took care of me. Now it's a bit more 50/50. Honestly I'm so thankful.
Diabetes isn't too bad! I promise!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment