Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Special Thanks To...

    
Ok, so todays post is a bit different than a lot of other posts. I'm not one to show my emotions in person, but i figured it was time for this post. It's been almost 15 years since I was diagnosed diabetes. Since then I have had one amazing person in my life who has coached me through just about anything you can think of. I'm talking about my Mom. For just about as long as I can remember she has always been there for me. Wether she was a cheerleader when I was giving my first shot (as shown below). Or even coaching me through my first pump site change. Sometimes when I was little she would even get my favorite kind of cake when my diabetes grew a year older. There are so many amazing things my mom has done for me since I was diagnosed. I know that my diabetes has caused a lot of stress for my mom, but I don't know what I would without her. Even now being 16 and going on my 15th year of diabetes I need my mom sometimes. Her and I have a Very open policy; if I need her to check my blood because I don't feel right I just have to ask. To me that is so very comforting. Knowing that even though I am the primary diabetes person, I stil have her. I know she's probably reading this so...
Thanks Mom!! Even when times get tough I know I have you! Thanks for taking this on with me. Lets make year 15 better than 14. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment